Did you know Costa Rica is one of the most desirable places in the World to retire? Many retirees choose to live in the Central Valley of Costa Rica, within a few miles of the capital city of San Jose and its international airport, shopping, and medical facilities. Costa Rica is known for its beautiful natural scenery, year round temperate climate and friendly people. The majority of retires in Costa Rica come from the USA, Canada, and Europe making this place a unique country of many cultures living peacefully together in Costa Rica’s paradise.
So if you’re thinking of the perfect place to get settled after retirement. You came at the right place as this article identifies 10 Reasons why you should consider retiring in Costa Rica
- Stable and Peaceful Environment: For more than 60 years, the country has prospered in the absence of an army. In the entire Latin American region, it is considered to be one of the most stable. There is democracy in the government, and people are being heard. This makes Costa Rica a peaceful place to dwell in, even for the elderly.
- Economical Cost of Living. Healthcare, property taxes, and price of goods and services, among others, are all affordable. You do not have to be filthy rich to live a luxurious life. With your retirement money, it will be very easy to afford your dream retirement home in a prime location.
- Warm Climate: When you are already old, it becomes harder for the body to combat the freezing temperature, especially during the winter months. In Costa Rica, on the other hand, there will be no problem as the weather remains to be warm all throughout the year.
- Expat Community: Migrating in Costa Rica should not give you worries as there is a growing community of expats, making the country more welcoming for foreign visitors.
- Proximity to the United States: If you are leaving your family in the US, there is no need to worry as flying in and out of Costa Rica will only take a few hours.
- High Quality of Life: As an elderly, living in Costa Rica is an attractive option because the quality of life and life span is very excellent. It is a regular in the list of countries ranking high in the happiness index. More so, it has a life expectancy of 77.7 years on average.
- Affordable Medical Care: In Costa Rica, different health care plans are offered at affordable rates while making sure they are provided by high-quality institutions. Joining the national healthcare system and enjoying the benefits of such payments will be very affordable for anyone.
- Naturally Wonderful: All over the country, you will be able to see mountains, lakes, beaches, waterfalls, and forests, making it a relaxing and picturesque place.
- Growing Economy: According to economic experts, given the current prosperity in the country, its economy is expected to go nowhere, but up in the next years.
- Easy Residency Program: With as little as $1,000 income monthly, you can easily qualify for their retirement program. There are also minimal requirements, which will include living in Costa Rica at least four months annually and settling payments for their public health care. You can even make your own business and earn money while staying in the country.
At Costa Rica Immigration Experts, we can provide you with all the information needed about Costa Rica and the many advantages that our beautiful country offers for you. We have the legal experience and understanding to help you make the best informed decision about moving to our country. Call or contact our friendly, courteous staff and let us help you discover more about the paradise we call Costa Rica.